Monday, December 9, 2013

On Origin Stories

My tale is as humble and ordinary as a gongfarmer's sack. I was introduced by a friend who danced the praises of this cool new system, and he ran three of us through 'Portal Under the Stars'. I lost three characters, survived a level one wizard with my first taste of corruption, and was hooked. That was August 2012. Our little group only managed to play a couple more times though, life and luck getting in the way. Without actual playtime, DCC RPG faded into the background processes a bit...

Fast-forward a few months and I managed to make it to my first GenCon, signed up for a couple of sessions thinking it would be cool to try again, and played two amazing games with Michael Curtis and Dieter Zimmerman that brought it all back and more. Since then I’ve been driven to get more involved with the DCC community on g+, burning through Spellburn episodes, and just becoming an typical gushing fanboy of the game, publisher and the amazing folks behind them. And by hook or by crook I just had to play more, hence my first leap into judging: Frozen in Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment